MinneTESOL is a professional association of teachers of English as a Second Language in Minnesota and neighboring states dedicated to the education and support of students acquiring English at all levels of public and private education.
MinneTESOL Membership – benefits of membership in MinneTESOL and Membership Form.
MinneTESOL supports educators by:
- collecting and disseminating information pertinent to English as a Second Language, English as a Second Dialect, and Bilingual Education
- promoting and assisting programs in local communities
- fostering the professional development of its members
- voicing the socio-political and employment concerns of its members
- establishing and maintaining contacts through affiliation with the international organization TESOL, and through cooperation with other organizations which may share similar purposes, interests, and clientele.
The inaugural Minnesota English Learner Education (MELEd) Conference in 2014 was a great success. More than 1200 people attended the three-day conference and learned, presented, networked, and hopefully came away refreshed and invigorated. (To see more information about the 2014 conference, click HERE) Planning for the 2015 conference is already underway, and a Call for Proposals (CFP) will be out soon. The complete timeline is below. This timeline is subject to change; check back for updates.
MELEd 2015 Timeline
Call for Proposals Out: February 28
Deadline for Submission: June 12
Notification of Acceptance: July 31
Confirmation from presenters: August 14
Presenter’s schedule: September 18
Registration Opens: October 1
Conference Schedule available: October 16
Early bird prices end: October 31
Coordinator’s Meeting: Nov 5
MELEd Conference: Nov 6-7